takes two to tango

Thursday, November 02, 2006

dvd-9's get a 10!

I have just discovered DVD-9s.

Ok, so I'm lagging behind a bit, but I'll catch up pretty quick. Oh ho, wait,
what are DVD-9s?

1. DVD-9

A brand of DVDs famous for providing high quality DVDs yet at the same time are pirated copies. Can be found for $10-15 each per DVD (compared to say, $30 for a normal DVD) or much less ($4-5) if you shop in a place inhabitated mostly by Asians.

Can be distinguished from other cheap copies by the elegance of its packaging and the phrase "DVD-9" printed on the bottom right hand corner of the cover (if DVD-9 is on a sticker, it ain't real but check in the store's DVD player if you can to make sure).

yo man, just copped some DVD-9s, they're DA BOMB!

by jayb Anyghetto, USA Aug 3, 2005

Thank you, Urban Dictionary

It started when I went to Manila's ultimate shopping area/flea market/bargain haven: DIVISORIA

My friend and I made a bee line for the stalls that sold DVDs in the 168 Mall. Like hello? What's a Divi trip without buying 1 or 2 DVDs, royt?

Well, long story short, I found out about DVDs with 8 movies in 1! I didn't buy any just yet 'cause I was overwhelmed and didn't really have the time to look through the titles.

But I did buy some when I went out with my friend, Mr. Blas, to Makati Cinema Square. I musta bought like what, 6?! Action flicks, Horror flicks, the Batman movies, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Jurassic Park trilogy--sure beats having to find space for all my DVDs.

So yes, DVD-9s get a rating of 10. Beri goot.
posted by glady at 11/02/2006 07:45:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home