takes two to tango

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Why?

May 19, 1997; June 6, 1997; May 9, 1999; mid-2006

Contrary to popular belief, life can actually be so much like a daytime soap opera, or a prime time telenovela, or even a rerun of a koreanovela.

That's why we keep coming back for more...

I was minding my own business
He was pacing 'round the room
I was feeling kind of restless
He was under a cloud of gloom

I stood to get myself a drink
When he said, "We need to talk."
I walked past without a blink
He said, "Gawd, you have a heart of rock."

So then I stopped right in my tracks
He said, "Well that got your attention,
And I guess talking to your back
Does lessen all this tension."

I turned around slowly
Saw his head was hung low
He whispered, "I know you're still angry,
So lemme tell you all I know."

Curious, I sat down on the couch
And waited for him to start
His expression--for which i vouch--
Looked like he was falling apart.

"We're young," he said, "and see, I'm not ready..."
Just then I felt the pain
There go my dreams of going steady
Outside it started to rain.

Just then the lights start flickering
Then darkness was with me
Friend with a flashlight saw me crying
Went to my side in a hurry

"What happened? Why are you crying?"
I heard, so I sniffed discreetly,
Then I bashfully looked up and said,
"Uh, I was...
...watching TV."

posted by glady at 9/21/2006 01:55:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home